Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

The 2013 Ford Focus ST's handling takes some getting used to.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    Nice post. This car sounds like a lot of fun. I had an opportunity to drive the electric Focus, which compares favorably to the Leaf, and is itself somewhat entertaining to drive.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    Thank you for this post.
  • bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    im still not entirely convinced a front driver who's back end "swings around" is that desirable. if only the one car and driver had for lightning lap did not break i guess it would all be in perspective.
  • samster231samster231 Member Posts: 26
    bassrackererx I can attest to the fact that an RSX properly set up with a dialed in suspension, different bars, better rolling stock, and an LSD (did I just describe the type R DC5 that never cam to North America?) will happily do the same tail swining act. I haven't driven the ST, but I can say that my RSX departs gently, is easily catchable, and is a real joy to tackle the twisties in.
  • packer4packer4 Member Posts: 1
    Just traded in my Mazda3 S for a Focus ST. It's early but I'm impressed by how well the ST grabs the road at hard accelleration rather than spinning the tires. Definately an improvement over the Mazda3.