Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Hyundai

image2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds long-term update of the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    barich1barich1 Member Posts: 143
    A laptop is about the only thing I can think of
  • Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    chargers for anything that doesn't plug into the 12V outlets
  • Options
    rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    You should have been able to plug the slow cooker in and set it to "low" or "warm" with no issues. Putting it on High would not be advisable.

You could probably get a 2 plug adapter and run both a laptop and an inkjet printer from that outlet.
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Hmm, too bad. When I first saw the picture I thought "wow, great idea!", but if you can't use it for tailgating related activities (fridge, electric grill, etc) then its pretty pointless in that area. That's different from one around the entertainment center which would house mostly electronics.
  • Options
    bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    im having a hard time finding something usefull to use that for too besides a phone/gameboy charger. maybe a small travel dvd/tv combo. maybe an electric air compressor or a corded impact wrench (probably not enough power for those)
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Get real - no car 110V outlet is going to support much in the way of resistive heating element appliances. You know those items that draw by far the most power in your home, the electric range and electric dryer? Yeah - resistive heating elements.
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    I always see these things as plug ins for recharging phones, laptops, and Tesla cars.
  • Options
    willin58_willin58_ Member Posts: 2
    Did you try it on the "Low" setting? That has worked for me in the past.
  • Options
    darexdarex Member Posts: 187
    I have one of these in my Hyundai Veloster. In over two years of ownership, I have yet to find a need to use it.