Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Honda Fit First Drive

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Honda

image2015 Honda Fit First Drive

Edmunds' road test of the 2015 Honda Fit includes on-road driving impressions, instrumented test data, specs, photos, video and more.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    Tortured styling inside and out? Check. Unpleasant levels of road noise? Check. Unreasonably high revs even in top gear? Check. I use the freeway too much to be happy with this car, and never found it enjoyable enough to drive to earn all the rote accolades the automotive press has baptized it with over the years. I remember when the Yaris first came out with those weird outboard cupholders that blocked the dash vents, car reviewers complained. When Honda does it, reviewers say "nobody nails packaging like Honda". And is that molded-in fake stitching on a hard dashboard or did they actually add padding to this thing?
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Honda has always done great small cars. I hope this car is coming to the LT fleet. As you folks are in Cali, I guess the CVT makes the most sense.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Throwback, you have been coming to this site WAY to long to make a silly comment like that. Just because IL is located in commuter hell and the CVT will dominate sales is no reason for IL to actually test one that way. That said, give Edmunds practice of LT testing fully loaded vehicles it is likely they will end up with a CVT since the that is all you can get in the top trim level. But trust me, if they could get an EX-L with the 6-speed they would do it.
  • redgeminiparedgeminipa Member Posts: 74
    So, exactly what is the difference between the two different MPG ratings for the CVT? You fail to mention that.
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    Its innovative. Its feature-packed. Its spacious. And its...um...not attractive. Does anybody actually buy these? I've only ever seen one or 2 in person. There must be some way to improve the looks. Not that Honda has any expertise in this area... They keep making the Odyssey uglier and uglier. In a world where everyone has features and tech, it comes down to a beauty contest, and the Fit isn't pretty.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    MotorTrend report that the gas tank is smaller by 1 gallon, and Edmunds says it is the same. Who is right?
  • hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    @ jeffinoh - I see a good number of Fits where I live (North FL). Personally, I like the new updates, but it needs some projector headlights and less spokes for the rims. But the owners of these cars aren't your typical "clean your car on Saturday
  • leohenton_leohenton_ Member Posts: 2
    Looking forward to public release of 2015 Honda Fit on approximately April 14, 2014. Have placed a refundable deposit down-payment on 2015 Honda Fit some-time ago. Obviously have not test driven one yet. Will comment later. Edmunds seems to be the best site and nowhere as "cute" as C*r *nd Diver review of it.

Hoping the height adjustable driver seat allows adequate headroom for a 350 pound 6'3" (potential) car buyer such as myself. Am a bit concerned about headroom versus sunroof consideration. Presently have my heart set on 2015 Honda Fit EX-L with Navi. But it's not a sure thing. I'm prepared to walk away if I don't like the test drive. Hence the "refundable" deposit is all important. I do expect this model will sell well. on paper and in reading it sounds impressive.
  • hondapro_jason_hondapro_jason_ Member Posts: 1
    I'm so excited to drive this new Honda Fit. This will be a great car added to the already very strong Honda line up for 2014.
  • themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Honda got rid of the ugly headlights and proceeded to make the rest of the car ugly instead
  • greg128greg128 Member Posts: 529
    If this was car was a GM I have no doubt it would be totally panned by Edmunds. That said after reading the review between the lines my interpretation is that this was and remains a lousy car.
  • marmotkingmarmotking Member Posts: 42
    So many here are decrying the supposed ugliness of this car. I think it is a very attractive one-box design. Sharp, and not overstyled. I love the sense of interior spaciousness, and good old fashioned Honda outward visibility. But then again, among the favorite cars I've owned are a Citroën, 2 Saabs, and a Renault. (My late and much lamented TR6 tops the list, or maybe the '66 Toronado.)
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    I look at the Fit not as an economical car for people who are already established in life but as a choice for young first-time buyers. It aligns well with what I was looking for in my first car while still in college: Reasonable handling. Space for a few friends. Flexible space for moving stuff. Low maintenance. The biggest question would be, is it still cheap enough for young buyers?
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    While I would not call the overall styling ugly, there are some jarring details. There is way too much black surrounding the glass in quite a few places, especially that little forward quarter light. Having this thing in red does not help as the only car that looks really good in this colour is the 1976 Ferrari 308.
  • leohenton_leohenton_ Member Posts: 2
    Updating my earlier comment herein on Edmunds dot com of April 9, 2014. Presently May 12, 2014 and still waiting for public release of 2015 Honda Fit. Of course, we have not yet had a test drive. Am wondering about the viability of corporate'[s explanation of the delay in that they claim to be clearing out inventory of 2013 Honda Fit's, particularly in mid-west USA.

Am wondering if early production is being held for modifications (in-field rework distant from the factory in Mexico). Just a thought. Have not heard any rumors to that effect, However, it has been almost a month since the anticipated April 14, 2014 release.

Meanwhile I'm seeing discounts on the refreshed 2014 1/2 Toyota Camry. Totally different class of car, but the price is attractive.
  • sanmusasanmusa Member Posts: 1
    Reading all the comments on various sites about the new Fit's "road noise" left me wondering if the car had a major flaw. Then I went to a Honda dealership, drove the car and realized all the complainers must be jaded, or extremely biased. I ended up buying the car and we already put over 1000 miles on it. The Fit's level of road noise is acceptable, I can carry conversation with my wife and son in the backseat without raising my voice, even while traveling at 70 mph. On acceleration the CVT does drone a bit, but this is no sports car, so I rarely punch the gas to the floor. This is an economy car with a huge interior, and if you are expecting luxury-car levels of road noise from an economy car you are looking at it the wrong way, please re-assess your expectations. Perhaps the fact that my own daily driver is a 1987 BMW 325 - much noisier than the Fit - makes me realize that the little Honda is not that noisy. Whatever. The Fit is a great car for a small family. We're loving ours.