Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Honda CR-V Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Honda

Comments

• sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    That's why I always travel with kids where they belong - in the trunk!
  • jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    My wife does this from the passenger seat, and she flatly refuses to ride in the trunk.
  • dscaindscain Member Posts: 15
    Spray a light coat of hairspray on the stain, then blot - don't rub. I've used it to get ink out of upholstery and headliners. Works great!
  • guilleshguillesh Member Posts: 7
    Hi Kelly, long time reader, love the blog.

First thing to try is to use a BABY WIPE and rub gently. This method usually works even on delicate sofas. Apply gentle force, don't try rubbing with too much friction. At the earliest sign of smearing stop and resort to some other solution.

Usually baby Wipes work for me unless the stain is WAY too tough.
  • andrewvicareandrewvicare Member Posts: 7
    For the headliner I have found that "Tuff Suff" does a great job of removing stains without leaving any residue or outlines. Give it a try, I got it at Wal Mart (It is a yellow & red can).
  • noburgers_noburgers_ Member Posts: 79
    you're supposed to take it to the dry cleaner's ;)
  • tnooch1tnooch1 Member Posts: 3
    If it is normal ball point ink (not gel or wet ink), then isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol will probably do the trick. It has worked on my clothes, but of course those are washed in addition to applying the alcohol.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @sharpend: That's great! Maybe that's why the Tesla offers two rear-facing seats in the very back...