Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Honda CR-V Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Honda

image2012 Honda CR-V Long Term Road Test

Read daily updates on our long-term road test of the 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD and follow along as our editors live with this car for a year.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jpnpowerjpnpower Member Posts: 0
    So wait... My lowly Camry is FWD with Front engine and all the other important stuff are also at the front. Then why does it have a floor hump? I heard that floor humps were for cars with RWD and AWD... wait... CRV=AWD? OK I'm confused.
  • Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    I've come to appreciate the flat floor in my CX-9. When the 2nd row is filled with kids with short legs, the floor has plenty of room for large items. When adults are back there, they appreciate the space to stretch their legs (even in the middle seat). But I think there's a significant trade off in terms of ground clearance. I was struck by the size of the tunnel in the back of my brother's Outback but then I realized that it has similar driving position to my CX-9 but a whole lot more clearance for rough roads and snow.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    @jpnpower: That hump isn't just for the center driveshaft- it's also used as a stiffening mechanism for the chassis, sort of like the channel you find in the middle of swords.