Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Jaguar XF Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jaguar

image2012 Jaguar XF Long Term Road Test

Our long-term 2012 Jaguar XF Supercharged has a digital speedometer.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Analog dial, every time, no contest.
  • Options
    jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    When analog dials go to 190, rendering the useful range so small, digital. This is what they should do - make the analog 0-120. Anything over that reverts to the digital speedo.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    The traditional, I'm not sure if there is a real benefit, but its what I prefer.
  • Options
    smudge12smudge12 Member Posts: 19
    Digital.
  • Options
    tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107
    I prefer an analog dial but I'm okay with having a digital speedometer. But my tachometer must always be analog. A digital representation of an analog needle would also be acceptable e.g. Lexus LFA.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    A dial, whether digital or analog...it's much better at illustrating the rate of acceleration or deceleration than a number display and demands much less mental horsepower to read, leaving more for the rest of the task of driving.
  • Options
    tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107
    I prefer an analog dial but I'm okay with having a digital speedometer. But my tachometer must always be analog. A digital representation of an analog needle would also be acceptable e.g. Lexus LFA.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    A dial, whether digital or analog...it's much better at illustrating the rate of acceleration or deceleration than a number display and demands much less mental horsepower to read, leaving more for the rest of the task of driving.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    I don't really care about the speedo, as long as it's easy to read. But I need an analog tach. It's the only thing that drives me nuts about the S2000, where the digital tach is extremely useful when caning the car but in everyday driving can be pretty annoying.
  • Options
    g3wcyg3wcy Member Posts: 1
    I much prefer a digital speed readout , wish I had this on my jaguar xf 2009 model. wonder if its possible to have this feature added to my jaguar, or some other form of neat installation ?