Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2012 Jaguar XF Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jaguar

image2012 Jaguar XF Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds long-term update of the 2012 Jaguar XF Supercharged includes discussion of the XF's dead Dunlops at 23,000 miles.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Misalignment causes a wobbly steering wheel? Looks like a lot of negative camber, or a lot of positive toe, or both. Neither of those will cause a wobbly wheel, pull or any other symptom. Sometimes you just have to take a look at the tires and see how they're wearing, especially on a car like this with staggered fitment that can't be rotated front-to-rear.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Would be nice if you took the car in for alignment and then showed us the alignment specs before and after!
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    I would also like to see the alignment checked. Those SP Maxx tyres do not have a good reputation in the desert SW. I don't mind the 23k miles so much as the fact that after two to three years they turn into hockey pucks regardless of mileage. This is well know in the tyre shops in Las Vegas.
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    alignment specs please.
  • Options
    spdracerut_spdracerut_ Member Posts: 19
    Looks like wear due to toe-out. It would not surprise me if the front springs have started to sag a bit causing the toe-out. Or, possibly the car was tied down too hard on the transporter truck causing the misalignment.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    The only reasonable solution is to do some righteous burnouts to kill the rear tires so that all four are replaced at once.
  • Options
    mustang5507mustang5507 Member Posts: 2
    Most modern Jags seem to have this alignment problem. My S-type does. And it's not a secret the Jag dealer tried to keep either. Does this particular car have staggered wheel/tire sizes? If so, that mileage seems about right to have to replace the tires...