Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Jaguar F-Type V8 S Full Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jaguar

image2014 Jaguar F-Type V8 S Full Test

It's loud, it's beautiful, it's fast and it's loud. If you don't get excited by the 2014 Jaguar F-Type V8 S, you're dead inside. Did we mention it's loud?

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    Cars like this should have a usable trunk. If nothing else for groceries. It is a daily driver after all. The F-Type's is too small even for that. Pretty much a deal killer. Heck, even a Miata has a huge useful trunk in comparison.
  • Options
    mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    One of the most beautiful cars to come out in years. Every time I see an F-Type I do a double-take and linger.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Agree with @sharpend about the need for storage. I use my roadster for weekend jaunts down the coast, to the mountains, wine country, etc. I lean heavily towards 2+2 layouts so there's enough room for weekend bags for two people, extra gear, and the case or two or wine that occasionally makes the trip home with us. A strictly 2-seater arrangement is a pinch already but doing it with a tiny trunk is a non-starter.
  • Options
    bryan__tbryan__t Member Posts: 23
    This review virtually demands an accompanying video. If you are going to use an entire article to explain how cool a car sounds, how about some audio from the cabin so we can hear it as well. Also, a picture of the tiny trunk would have been helpful.

Otherwise, it was a great article.
  • Options
    engineer_mbaengineer_mba Member Posts: 11
    I see an interesting contrast between this car and the Aston Martin V-8 Vantage Convertible which is based on AM's smallest, least expensive model. The Vantage price starts about 30K to 40K higher and is down by about 75 horsepower. The F-Type V8 S appears to be more of a focused sports car with some luxury content while the Vantage appears to be more of a refined luxury GT capable of serving as a sports car when desired. Both were intended to compete with the Porsche 911.
  • Options
    themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Weighs more than Mercedes SL550 w/ retractable roof and trunk
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Great shots Scott. That is some helacious lens flare (which works for the shots). What lens did you use?
    Thanks
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    The trunk is a joke. Order an F-Type with a spare wheel and guess where that wheel goes? Yep, it now fills half the pathetic trunk. If (yes, IF) Jaguar build the coupe it will be interesting to see if the trunk is also totally dorked up.