Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia

image2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds has reached the 7,500-mile mark in its long-term 2014 Kia Cadenza Limited. This means it's time for its first scheduled maintenance and oil change.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    Wow, they actually tell you the interval and service required. Kinda nice (if oldschool). Our 13 Pilot instead will tell you that it needs a "1B" service when the computer says so which might mean Oil and Tires.
  • Options
    diigiidiigii Member Posts: 156
    What fuel additive is needed for 7,500 miles? The car is almost brand new.
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    Does the Cadenza use an actual oil life monitoring algorithm, or is it simply mileage based? Honda now uses an oil life monitor, so there is no "preset" time to go in for service.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    Tires and oil: that should be about $50. Everything else is fluff.
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    Looking at the photo, I think Kia did kind of a half-assed job on integrating the screen into the display. Other makes try to "blend it in" more (my points of reference being the BMW 528i and the Dodge Dart). Not a huge deal I realize, just something I noticed.
  • Options
    dg0472dg0472 Member Posts: 89
    The service reminder is strictly mileage/time based and can be adjusted. The fuel additive, as the missing note 1 specifies, is required only if Tier 1 gasoline isn't used and is because of the GDI.
  • Options
    rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    The Hyundai/Kia fuel additive is also nothing more than Chevron Techron concentrate. Save some money and time and buy it at a local store instead of paying the dealer. In my 2011 Sonata, I use either Chevron Techron additive or Lucas Oil Deep Clean Fuel System Cleaner...whichever is on sale when I go looking for it. The benefits of the additive are questionable, but $10 every 6 months is hardly an issue and it doesn't hurt anything.