Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia

image2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

The sunroof on our long-term 2014 Kia Cadenza truly is panoramic.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    It will be interesting to hear how those are in the summer. How much do they insulate? We test drove an early A3 that had the big sunroof and it had a perforated cover rolled out. On a 100 degree day I could really feel the sun beating down through the cover.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    I've never had an interest in sunroofs - they cost more, introduce more things to break, and reduce headroom. At 6'6", I need all the headroom I can get. Besides, who wants to look at the sky?
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    I'm with gslippy. I hate having distracting light coming at me when I'm driving. In fact, many passengers whine that I always drive with the sunvisors lowered. Maybe I should drive an Abrams or a Challenger.
  • Options
    joner800joner800 Member Posts: 80
    the purpose of having a sunroof is not to look at the sky whilst driving - obviously. it is meant to make the cabin feel open and airy while open. i have a chrysler 300 with this feature and it almost makes the cabin feel like youre driving a 4-door convertible; just without the wind.
  • Options
    jdubbs115_jdubbs115_ Member Posts: 4
    @zimtheinvader: Hyundai and Kia's shades are completely opaque, so that no sunlight comes through. They are also very well insulated. I don't know why so many other automakers use mesh, as the cabin gets too hot.

On the headroom issue, I'm 6'3" an
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    I wasn't a fan of sunroofs until I got one of those deflectors that go in front of the sunroof. Now I can drive at 70 with it open and carry on a conversation in a normal voice. On most cars I've had the sunroof visor makes a big difference in wind noise with it open. It is a nice way to get some airflow on a nice day and really beats having a side window down for noise at higher speeds. Plus you can crack the right rear window just an inch or so to really increase the air movement inside. I'm not a fan of the looks of the deflectors at first but after a few days I don't even notice them anymore.