Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Lexus GS 350 Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Lexus

image2013 Lexus GS 350 Long Term Road Test

Great headlights are expected on modern luxury cars. Some deliver better than others, however, and our GS is one of them.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jpnpowerjpnpower Member Posts: 0
    My dear Camry has about 5 light bulbs in barrels to make the headlights look like some mishappen gattling gun. How the heck does the Lexus pull off one bulb+ turning lights? And what do those lens thingys do if they don't move into corners? I thought that was the hype about projecting lights. Sleek anyway, not the bulky mess of camrys gone by, (I think that either can be awesome though...)
  • Options
    seppoboyseppoboy Member Posts: 93
    Modern cars have much more regulatory leeway in headlight design than the bad old days of two designs of sealed beams required by law.

That said, far too many newer cars have terrible headlights, with really poor low beam performance, and usually pretty bad high beams as well. Most Ford and Lincoln lights are substandard, and lots of imports have the same issues. It's an area that needs automaker attention for reasons other than styling
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @seppoboy: Yup, not only is performance (how well you can see with them) poor on many cars, but glare is a problem too. The regulations in the United States are for the most part outdated when it comes to automotive lighting. Add lackadaisical control and
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Adaptive lights are really worth it - it's the one thing that will both improve performance and reduce glare to oncoming drivers.