Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Sun visors have been hinged to cover side windows for as long as I can remember, but few get this part right, including our 2014 Mazda CX-5.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• drhorribledrhorrible Member Posts: 1
    I agree. Why can't they get this simple thing right? My 2011 X3 sucks when it comes to the visor as it doesn't have any provision to extend or slide back-and-forth. My wife's 09 Altima does a much better job of it.
  • cuselancer17cuselancer17 Member Posts: 53
    Agreed, sunvisors are like the forgotten safety tech. If your blinded, you probably cant drive very well. I'd leave lane departure warnings on the shelf for a good sunvisor. Having said that... Tint the first 6 inches on the windshield and problem solved. it was 10 extra bucks when i got the rest of the car done.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Worst I've seen lately is in the Subaru Outback (and I imagine other models) equipped with the Eyesight system. The dual cameras are spread on either side of the rear view mirror and the sun visors had to be shortened (alot) in order to provide clearance for the cameras. The result is that the visors are ineffective on when used on either the windshield or side windows. Subaru clearly believes it is more important for the car to be able to see than the driver. (Ironically, the Eyesight systems shuts itself off when driving into direct sun so you end up in a situation where neither the driver nor the car can see.)
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    The visors that incorporate a slide-out will never be satisfactory - they'll never be as wide top to bottom as the visor itself, and presumably the visor is as wide as it is for a reason. The best systems have the entire visor slide along the metal frame (like VW does). On a super-winding road you might have to slide it back and forth some, but at least when it's in position it works.
  • jr60jr60 Member Posts: 2
    I hope these aren't the overpriced oem type from Mazda?
  • wanderer_1wanderer_1 Member Posts: 1
    This is really disappointing. For this is a fine vehicle as I read about it.

I went to the Mazda dealer to see the CX-5 (2013) few months back, and all the ones they had did NOT have any extendable sun visors at all, and no extendo-flaps either.

This vehicle is not cheap, and, for this country (Saudi Arabia) the sun rules the land. A good and useful sun visor is a must.

Such a fine and expensive vehicle, if it was not for this. I was baffled.

Hey ... wakeup Mazda.