Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 Mazda CX-5 crossover SUV is so far ahead in mileage accumulation that we can afford to assign it to airport duty for a few days.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    You know what also thwarts door dings? Your on-the-line parking job. Others may laugh, snipe, or cry foul. I say way to maximize your space.
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    I've never seen a parking garage with those between the cars before. I'd be in heaven. And I second greenpony. The first thing I noticed is hugging the line on the open side. My other favorite (don't know if it helps or not) when parked next to open areas or curbs is to angle the back just slightly towards the other spot. That way they often judge their spacing by the back most edge of the car and end up further away. On the downside though if the angle is too much the other cars may follow the angle into their spot.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Wow I wonder why more garages haven't thought of that. They'd go to the top of my list.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Dan is the man - I echo all the others that cheating on the end parking space plus the foam pads is the way to do it. All honor to you, sir. Parking smart takes so little extra time and effort, and it's so worthwhile to do it like this.
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    The irony here is that the people that go out of their way to park where there are the pads are the ones that are concerned about their cars and could likely park in a tight area without hitting anyone elses car.
  • Options
    actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    Hey, liners are in, right? As long as its an end spot, that is. Place is called Wally Park. They've got locations at several airports around the country. The humorous name is merely a bonus.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test