Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2014 Mazda MAZDA3 S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image2014 Mazda MAZDA3 S Long-Term Road Test

After one month in our fleet, the 2014 Mazda Mazda3 S Grand Touring shows that it's both fuel efficient and fun to drive.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    The Kia Forte gets kudos even though its fuel economy is no better than the Mazda's, yet you're "disappointed" with this car despite low miles and lots of track time. It's the same with the Dart. You guys are ridiculous.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    The Kia Forte gets kudos even though its fuel economy is no better than the Mazda's, yet you're "disappointed" with this car despite low miles and lots of track time. It's the same with the Dart. You guys are ridiculous.
  • Options
    bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    Is there any way to tell if testers have been driving with the transaxle in "SPORT" mode? The setting doesn't persist between starts, I believe.
  • Options
    bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    Is there any way to tell if testers have been driving with the transaxle in "SPORT" mode? The setting doesn't persist between starts, I believe.
  • Options
    trarmstrong86trarmstrong86 Member Posts: 46
    Its the range that I am concerned about. I need something that can get 400 miles. All car companies make the gas tank size related to fuel economy - good on weight, bad on range.
  • Options
    trarmstrong86trarmstrong86 Member Posts: 46
    Its the range that I am concerned about. I need something that can get 400 miles. All car companies make the gas tank size related to fuel economy - good on weight, bad on range.
  • Options
    pezzy669pezzy669 Member Posts: 4
    duck87 - Yes!! Not to mention the Mazda Sky 2.5 can run circles around the Dart and Forte.

Not sure why they don't require the employees who get to sign the cars out keep a detailed track of their city/hwy habits. How do we know this thing has not sat in gridlock for hours?

The '14 has a fuel economy minder that shows at shutdown of your current trip MPG. I managed an amazing 9 MPG on a 45 minute 2.5 mile journey the other day.
  • Options
    pezzy669pezzy669 Member Posts: 4
    trarmstrong86: Range will be decent at published EPA economy estimates, fuel light is very conservative and I find I can get about 9.7-9.9 gallons in if I fill up shortly after the light. Typical cruising range for a compact at EPA estimates.