Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class First Drive

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

Comments

• Options
    autopalautopal Member Posts: 13
    I would love if the writer of this article can comment on the exhaust note of the C400. When the car is in sport mode, how does it sound? There is one thing i really like about my E90 335i, and it's the sound of the inline 6
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Sounds impressive. I imagine the next gen E class will be built on a modified version of this platform and be even bigger than the current car.
  • Options
    lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    @throwback- I agree, much as Cadillac did with the CTS being built on a stretched version of the ATS.

I have not been a big C-Class fan, but this has me thinking twice. The same complaints about the V6 sounding a bit course at higher RPM's are the sam
  • Options
    grover432grover432 Member Posts: 11
    That navigation screen looks ridiculous. It looks like it is ready to fall off its perch and it isn't orientated towards the driver.
  • Options
    tacomamudpittacomamudpit Member Posts: 65
    Interesting article - By rule I don't buy 4-cyl turbo cars, they run way "too hot" all the time (and just don't have the 'punch' of a turbo V6 or standard V8) I don't care for any car that has a cheap pop up nav screen, more things to break in the long term! I suppose anyone could research it, but I'm guessing the 2.0 4CLY conservatively loaded $45,000 + and V6 closer to $55K +....?
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Very sleek exterior style, especially the character creases along the flanks. I'm curious how they look from the side view, though. The pics only show oblique and front-quarter views. In terms of powertrain it's interesting how MB is closely matching BMW's engine options.
  • Options
    boff_boff_ Member Posts: 51
    Not keen on those character creases...makes the car look like a submissive dog. I normally don't mind the tacked on iPad-ish nav screens, but the rest of the interior is so swish that the screen looks goofy in this application.
  • Options
    cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    I'm not in any way partial to MB products but I'll admit... I actually like the interior and exterior of this redesign. I hope they engineer a proper dual clutch tranny for the upcoming C63 AMG! The 7speed auto box in current AMG products remains a weak link, IMO and this vehicle looks like it could really provide competition to Audi, BMW, etc.
  • Options
    cbrandi_cbrandi_ Member Posts: 40
    At last the C-Class is something worthy of the MB star. Previous versions have been an embarrassment to owners who hoped their neighbors would think they'd arrived by owning a Mercedes. This one might actually convince them.
  • Options
    softrose4you_softrose4you_ Member Posts: 14
    Love the new C-Class. Looks like a baby S-Class which I love....
  • Options
    dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    This car looks incredible, both inside and out. Tasteful and beautiful styling (hear that, Lexus) and that interior is just incomparable. You put this interior next to a 3Series interior and the 3 looks like it woke up on the wrong side of the luxury segment. I'm sure the car may still not drive as "sporty" as a 3 or ATS, but Mercedes is going for luxury/sport, not sport/luxury.
  • Options
    themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Gigantic center console reduces legroom, yet is mostly empty
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Why is Mercedes now obsessed with sending power to the wrong set of wheels?
  • Options
    Looks like the 3 Series has a little more to worry about.