Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Buying a used car often means missing out on the latest in-car technology. Mercedes at least gives you an easy option for retrofitting your car with Bluetooth.

Read the full story here

Comments

• stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Another solution to not having bluetooth is just not using the phone while you drive.
  • yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    You should hide or change Magrath's phone number.
  • subytrojan_2subytrojan_2 Member Posts: 79
    yellowbal, it's for all the single ladies! j/k
  • Mike_MagrathMike_Magrath Member Posts: 23
    Awkward...
    -mm
  • mfennellmfennell Member Posts: 91
    I'm going through this right now with a new-to-me 2004 Volvo V70R. I originally planned to just dump the factory radio for something like a Parrot Android system but I ended up buying a car with integrated factory Nav that's not completely horrible, so my fallback is from GROM, who have a slick plug and play Bluetooth (phone and A2DP for Pandora, etc) adapter that throws in a 3.5mm audio jack and USB for charging for about $200. I see they have a Mercedes-compatible device that jacks in optically for $400. You get A2DP but not contact list integration.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    You can also just use your phone and something like a Belkin Aircast Auto (if you have an aux jack)
  • kevm14kevm14 Member Posts: 423
    I have a Galaxy 1000 in my CTS-V which interfaces with the canbus network and integrates with the onstar button and mute functionality for calls via Bluetooth. But there are two major issues: 1) A2DP is hopeless as the audio interface is low bandwidth and mono and 2) the manufacturer never figured out how to get the caller on the nav display. But, it uses the onstar mic and buttons, so that's something.