Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com editor James Riswick wraps up his road trip to California's north coast in the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jpd985jpd985 Member Posts: 1
    I was seeing on the forums there is a software update to combat the transmission issues you experienced.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Concur on the update required. Also, that's stupid-good gas mileage for a car like this.
  • Options
    barich1barich1 Member Posts: 143
    Why can't car manufacturers get things like voice command right when Garmin can in a $200 standalone GPS? For the price built-in nav costs, there's no excuse for this.

I have a Nuvi and it almost always properly recognizes what I say even with some bizarre street and city names. And it functions in a similar manner to the Mercedes in that you tell it the entire address at once.
  • Options
    mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    @barich1, It is a classic case of business emphasis. For an automaker the voice control part of the nav system is just a very small part of the entire infotainment environment that they create. As if often the case for tangential amenities, it probably ge
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    The electronic throttle control malfunctions are concerning. There are some parts that fall under the can't fail category and ETC is at the top of the list. Also I don't think the correct warning is displayed to the driver. The ESP fault is correct since it could no longer function but it should have also turned on the malfunction indicator light (Check Engine) to show a problem monitored by the powertrain control module.