Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG has luxurious seats, but are they good by modern standards?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    It's worth noting that this car doesn't actually have "cooled" seats. They are simply ventilated. In other words, they take the air from the cabin (whatever temp that is) and blow it up through the perforations. This feature is intended to dry sweat, rain, snow, etc from you clothes, but not necessarily to make you cold.
  • Options
    emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    If I was shown a photo of the seat bottom and lower 2/3 of the backrest of that driver's seat, I'd say it was from a 2001 Buick Century. It looks overstuffed and unsupportive.
  • Options
    arcticbluetsxarcticbluetsx Member Posts: 79
    This is a nine year old car- is it possible that some of the padding in the seats is wearing out? My car is seven years old, and I am fairly certain that my seats are beginning to lose their squish.
  • Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    This doesn't really matter at all but boy do these seats look old. Not in terms of wear but in terms of design. From the picture I thought I was looking at a Buick Roadmaster from the early 90's.