Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

What cars would you shop against the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    arcticbluetsxarcticbluetsx Member Posts: 79
    Of course I'm going to suggest the TSX, even though it's been around for a while and is overdue for a redesign. That 6-speed still sells itself to the five percent of people that know what their left foot is truly meant to be used for.
  • Options
    thatkidthatkid Member Posts: 1
    A VW CC! I had '09 Jetta Wolfsburg with the TSI and it was an amazing little pocket rocket. I traded it in for a '13 CC and love it! It is by far one of the most beautiful cars on the road and the size is so much more practical than the CLA.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Does she want a badge, or just more quality? I'd recommend the Golf for a small car that has a lot of inherent goodness about it. If she really doesn't need that much space the 1 series also hits a sweet spot.
  • Options
    mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    Why not the C-Class? It is actually a bit smaller than the CLA and, in my opinion, a far superior car. Furthermore, because it is in the last year of its product cycle you can just walk into a dealership and get about 16% off MSRP, thus making it comparably priced to the CLA.
  • Options
    diondidiondi Member Posts: 71
    Buick Encore? It's a nimble city car that's quite luxurious for what it is.
  • Options
    oxmeadoxmead Member Posts: 79
    I had a '12 Impreza sport limited , but wanted something more comfortable. I looked at nearly everything up to low 30's including all your suggestions. Ended up getting a '14 Legacy limited. Excellent ride, comfortable, quiet, decent on fuel, large tank for great range, and awd! Good time to get one because the '15 model will move upmarket.
  • Options
    carfreak13carfreak13 Member Posts: 17
    acura ILX

audi a3 (when it goes on sale)

bmw 320i
  • Options
    stineystiney Member Posts: 28
    I also say TSX.

She's used to Japanese reliability, so I would steer her clear of the problem-prone Germans.
  • Options
    csubowtiecsubowtie Member Posts: 143
    Isn't the Audi A4 quite literally a more luxurious Jetta?
  • Options
    bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    the hyundai Tuscan with all the bells and whistles is VERY luxurious! if she doesent mind giving up the VQ power for a frugal 4 cylinder i would tell her to get one of those! the sportage is a similer car (like i have to tell you that) but offers the 2.0T engine but i have never sat in one of them to give an luxury thumbs up. then there is allways the Ford escape titanium with the 2.0t. the bmw x1 is not a bad choice but it gets pricy quick and i dunno what the overall budget would be? money no object i love the x1.

isin't it weird that buick and mercedes are in the same conversation?
  • Options
    bobinsepabobinsepa Member Posts: 12
    How about a TSX Sport Wagon? It is pretty luxurious and has the utility of an SUV. And if I remember correctly, you would have bought the Edmund's Long Termer if it weren't a loaner.
  • Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    I would say she is done with any kind of SUV--and ready for a car again. Why hasn't anyone mentioned the Cadillac ATS? It seems like an ideal replacement, price and size-wise. Donna, how do you feel about the long-termer you have? Could you recommend it to her?
  • Options
    roadie73roadie73 Member Posts: 1
    Buick Regal
  • Options
    territoriousterritorious Member Posts: 1
    Acura ILX and the upcoming Audi A3
  • Options
    coolb944coolb944 Member Posts: 0
    A few come to mind. The Audi A3, Buick Encore, Acura ILX, Lexus CT200h, and Cadillac ATS 2.5. If she doesn't mind two doors, the BMW 128i.