Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

The 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 does not have a rear seat that's friendly to child safety seats.

Read the full story here

Comments

• gillergiller Member Posts: 9
    You must be kidding me.........
    Next up, how the CLA does hauling a trailer. Stay tuned.
  • auto4funauto4fun Member Posts: 3
    Would be great to see a similar post for the Mazda3
  • evodadevodad Member Posts: 135
    giller your comment appears completely out of context. It appears mercedes is trying to attract a younger audience with the cla similar to cadillac with the ats. They are cars that are seeming to be marketed perhaps more towards the young professional looking to get into an entry level luxury car. Not surprisingly many times that young professional may have a small kid or two and would want to know how they're going to fit. I'd wager a significantly higher portion of CLA buyers will be installing car seats than attempting to tow anything. On the inside it's similarly sized and I've had a car seat in my evo both rear and forward facing on and off before. I would want to know if it's at least feasible to install a car seat in a manner that I deemed safe before purchasing (granted I am of the philosophy that if you're spending $20k-$30K+ on a vehicle don't buy the one that fits your $200-$300 car seat, buy the one you want and buy a car seat that fits your $20K+ car).
  • jaguar36jaguar36 Member Posts: 15
    I love seeing the car seat posts. Its one of the best things about these long term blogs vs just a regular review.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Although I don't have kids I do appreciate Edmunds providing this kind of shakedown with their cars. Compact cars, including entry-luxury cars, are a popular choice with small families. Knowing how well a car seat will fit is an important consideration.
  • shepskishepski Member Posts: 45
    I'd be more worried about banging my poor kid's head on that ridiculous sloping roofline (well, ridiculous for rear-seat practicality sloping roofline) than I would be about having the seat fit in the first place.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    @shepski: Yeah that's a very real issue that a lot of car seat fitment reviews overlook. Our old Taurus wagon had a flat but low low roofline and I would smack my kid's head into it all the time, both putting her in and getting her out of the car seat. Ma
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    @ jaguar36 "I love seeing the car seat posts." Me too. It totally vindicates my decision not to have any.
  • opfreakopfreak Member Posts: 106
    why is the car always to blame?

Why not blame the ridicules sizes of the car seats.
  • camrydriver69camrydriver69 Member Posts: 54
    This car is all style over substance. I rather have a B-Class, it's not as sexy, but a lot more practical.