Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Small but unsightly tow hook cover is missing from our long-term 2005 Mercedes CL65 AMG.

Read the full story here

Comments

• vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    Just call the dealer were you had the last repair done and tell them that this happened. It probably got bumped off when they washed the car. They might find the cover in the car wash bay.

If not, the new cover would have to be painted to match the color of the bumper.
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    Those have to be painted for MB cars? On Honda's the little replacement parts like that come painted from the factory. Although on a 2005 they might have sold out of some colors.
  • miata52miata52 Member Posts: 114
    Throw a piece of duct tape on it...
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    I would have this fixed right away.
  • expensivehobbyexpensivehobby Member Posts: 91
    The pneumatic actuator which was supposed to pop the tow hook cover out after the prior breakdowns is apparently working again. Still better check it though, and Break Out Another Grand. ( I kid, I kid)
  • mfennellmfennell Member Posts: 91
    Directly from MB: TOWING EYE $39.50 (w/AMG package). Non-AMG cars seem to come painted for $24.50.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    And why is this little piece of plastic 15.00 more for the AMG package? Also, I thought the correct description was recovery hook since it should never be used to tow the car or anything else.
  • nomercy346nomercy346 Member Posts: 69
    looks to me like the bumper made contact with some other object... there are some marks around the parking sensor, too.
  • marmotkingmarmotking Member Posts: 42
    Does Mr. Niebuhr have some gray gaffer tape?