Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

While hand-washing our 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS Convertible I found this defect.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    I never noticed the chrome fuel filler door before now--looks kind of silly to me, in an aftermarket kind of way.

Would you say your kid did a Schmidty job washing the car?
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Yeah - that's why you open the trunk, hatch, doors, etc. and let them finish dripping before you dry the rest of the car. Any trunk or hatch will have a different "low point" when you open it and will start dripping from that low point. The vast majority of car doors are triple-sealed, will retain water within the jambs if you leave them closed, and will drip over the rocker panels when you open them. Not rocket science.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Yeah, you guys sure love your quirks. Dead batteries, broken convertible tops, peeling wheels, loose driver seat, dash misalignment... just all minor issues.
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    Your helper looks like he is fairly gung ho about cleaning the SLS. Great memories for him.
  • Options
    dunning15dunning15 Member Posts: 0
    Fordson you should write for Edmunds. You always know everything and the proper way things with cars should be done. The only problem I see is that you actually do a little research on the cars and as a well-informed author they probably wouldn't know what to do with you.
  • Options
    arcticbluetsxarcticbluetsx Member Posts: 79
    When are you going to drive the CR-V again? Oops... I meant SLS. It's a $200k Mercedes convertible! There's no way that it hasn't moved since the middle of September!!! Pretty Please?