Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2014 Mercedes-Benz S550 Sedan Full Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2014 Mercedes-Benz S550 Sedan Full Test

Edmunds' road test of the 2014 Mercedes-Benz S550. Includes on-road driving impressions, specs, photos and instrumented road test data.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    different1different1 Member Posts: 8
    When it comes to Automobiles
    German or nothing
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I admit it, I REALLY like this car. If I was in the market for a large luxury car, this would be the one. The interior alone would sell me!
  • Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Awesome. What else could you ask for?
  • Options
    cbrandi_cbrandi_ Member Posts: 40
    The S Class is still the benchmark for the luxury sedan. Anything in the MB line below it should be called something else. The interior has the warmth and comfort of the Jaguar XJ, not the sterile German thing.
  • Options
    cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    Absolutely amazing vehicle and I don't mean to take anything away from the engineers, designers or workers at MB but you only need look at the depreciation and costly repairs associated with your own CL65AMG to appreciate what this car will be worth in a few years and the potential hydrogen bomb it will be on the wallets of any used buyers if/when any of these incredible systems break.
  • Options
    mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    @cjasis, AMGs are totally different animals from standard MBs and their residual values reflect that difference. The W222 S-Class is predicted to have far and away the highest residual value in its class, maintaining more than 50% of its value 3 years dow
  • Options
    mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    When I finally sold my W221 S550 a year ago I was truly of the opinion that the W222 would only be different, not better. I thought my car was just about the best a luxury car could possibly be and that MB wasn't going to be able to find a new way to blow me away. I was wrong. This new S-Class is just extraordinary. I no longer have a place in my life for such a big car, but I sure as heck admire it.
  • Options
    cyclone4cyclone4 Member Posts: 2,302
    I am very much looking forward to this car. However I have one concern. Has anyone here heard about problems with run flat tires that come with the S550? I have heard some horror stories about them and that's why I ask. My 2014 S550 should be ready for delivery around March 20 and I am considering replacing the run flats with non run flats on the standard 18 inch wheels.

I have read that the RFT's provide a very stiff ride. One feels every little crack/bump on the road. Also, I heard that the gas mileage with RFT's is worse than with the non RFT's. Thank you in advance for any feedback.