Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds deals with the long-term 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet's flat tire. And Porsche Roadside Assistance.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Well you wanted lower tire pressures...

Sorry its Monday. That's the best I've got.
  • Options
    jpnpowerjpnpower Member Posts: 0
    Now I know why the 911 has a deep trunk... BTW, does the FReSh BReeZe get a spare tire? Of full or tiny size? FYI if you cared, my 05' Camry XLE gets a full size spare. What about all your cars?
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    "Since there is no spare tire onboard our 911 Cabrio" ...and that's a deal breaker for me. I might not mind so much for a weekend car, but for my daily driver or anything that might take me far form home I won't accept anything than a full size spare.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    When looking at high end cars in 2011 I walked away from several because they had no spare. No I accept that the size of the wheels and tyres on these cars makes a fullsized spare unlikely, but runflats don't work for me. We all know about the crappy ride and the 50 mile suggested range MIGHT get you back into cell coverage in some parts of the desert SW or it might not. At least a space saver lets you keep moving, albeit slowly.
  • Options
    bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    your not going to find anything with that small a space between the fender. its probably a nail but we will see.
  • Options
    bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    my lexus had a full size spare. when i bought it it was just a wheel (aluminum steelie style) so i had to buy a tire for it. my honda fit has a compact spare. i prefer a full size but understand that for the shape car it is, it is quite a feat to even have a spare tire because it sits so low to the ground there is no room under the vehicle and honda moved the gas tank to under the front seats just to have room for a spare. the spare is nice and made by bridgestone and says it will tollerate up to 80mph! however i know better and if i ever had to use it im taking it streight to a tire shop (which is also where i work) to get a tire put on. this article is making me paranoid and wanting to order a tire just to hang on to incase i need it lol
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    we replaced the tires on our e90 with non-runflat tires and threw a can of fix-a-flat in the trunk. after 4 years and a new set of tires wife had a flat at work and a co-worker put the fix-a-flat in the tire. she drove it home. took it to discount tire the next day and we got a new tire with the road-hazard warranty we had bought.

it is true, that if the puncture is too large fix-a-flat won't work, but it is a chance you take... we live in a large metropolitan area and have a tow connection so it isn't much of an issue for us.
  • Options
    mfennellmfennell Member Posts: 91
    They don't even come with sealant and a pump anymore? Sheesh.