Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

Comments

• Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Wow 500 mile range is pretty darn good.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Not to mention the 28-30 MPG. My pushrod V6 Taurus wagon struggles to do that.
  • Options
    vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    > Not to mention the 28-30 MPG.

I am pretty sure that was coming down a very steep mountain.
  • Options
    spdracerut_spdracerut_ Member Posts: 19
    vvk, I don't think going from UT to PA was all 'down a very steep mountain'.
  • Options
    emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    The Porsche is meeting its EPA estimates and getting similar mileage as the wheezy Subaru Impreza that is rated at 36 hwy. Ouch.
  • Options
    sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    Or you could just fly round trip LA to NYC for $350. Just sayin'.
  • Options
    opfreakopfreak Member Posts: 106
    I totally agree about flying.

I'm done a few 1200-1400 mile road one way road trips. (most of the driving through nebraska/iowa/eastern CO/ S&N daktoa.

and if I can find cheap enough air fare. I wont do it again.

I figure ~400 dollars in fuel. + food. depending on the season, and how the drive goes, might add in 2 nigths of hotel.

at least 700 bucks in just getting to where I'm going.

I've made the flight to denver twice now. Paid 140 a person for 1 trip, 160 the 2nd trip.
  • Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    3014/108.26 is not 28.1.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    @greenpony New math strikes again.
  • Options
    cobrysoncobryson Member Posts: 110
    @greenpony The sum of the trip odometer column is off by 20 miles for some reason...copying to Excel yields 3037.6 miles in 108.26 gallons, which is 28.058 MPG.
  • Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    other than the final fill on 93, it doesn't look scientifically significant that octane made any mileage difference. Maybe temperature/humidity had a bigger impact. You had some similar numbers on the last 2 91 octane fills as the first 2 93 fills.
  • Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    Thanks cobryson. Figured there was an error somewhere...
  • Options
    huisjhuisj Member Posts: 1
    Winds generally go more west-to-east than east-to-west across the plains and the east (my trip from Michigan to Colorado and back two years ago being an exception in which I drove through wacky headwind storms both ways on different weeks), so I'd say it'll be tough to get the same mileage on the way back.