Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Cruise control in the long-term 2013 Porsche 911 Cabriolet

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    High gears are good for fuel sipping cruising, dropping the revs as low as possible. They are not good for aggressive driving. The engineers at Porsche expected sport plus to be engaged when you are blasting through a good curvy two lane road or on a track not cruising on I-10.
    Why would you drive with sport plus on all the time? Do you drive the Vette with track mode on all the time too?
  • Options
    bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    well at first i want to be mad that it is less control but after i think about it due to having no physical lever to pull into gear and just buttons to mash i would be pissed if i was driving very fast and shifted into 7th instead of 6th and lost a lot of speed and then had to shift back down to fifth. from my understanding top gear is drag limited somewhere near redline of 6th gear on this car so 7th is just an extra gear for highway driveing.
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    I have wonder if at or near top speed you can get into 7th gear or if the gear as bassrockerx said doesn't have the numeric grunt to keep the car accelerating against the air.