Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Scion FR-S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Scion

image2013 Scion FR-S Long-Term Road Test

Our 2013 Scion FR-S was due for its 15,000-mile service. We took it to Toyota of Santa Monica.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    A $130 oil change on a $28,000 car. And everybody's like, "yeah, that's just the way it is." Not in most of the U.S., it ain't.
  • hooninaroundhooninaround Member Posts: 40
    @fordson1- Ever had your car serviced in the L.A. area? Labor rates alone are sky high. Of course there are cheaper alternatives, but if you want your vehicle serviced by a dealer that's what people can expect to pay.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    $130 for an oil change? Can you just stop noting maintenance costs? The dealerships in Santa Monica aren't representative, no where even close, to what you'll pay just about anywhere else. What did they do, clone dinosaurs just so they could kill them and make fresh oil on the spot?
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I've gotten $30 oil changes at LA area dealerships that aren't in Santa Monica. Sure those were special/sale/coupon prices, but about the most I've see (not counting full synthetic for some exotic) was about $60.
  • huybuihuybui Member Posts: 0
    that is really steep. more than a VW. similar to a Lexus, even.
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    I wonder if the price on this is like the 'retail' price at some stores where they jack it way up to make it look so much better at the big 'discount' price they are selling it to you? --- maybe they make it higher on the receipt so people think that the 'free' (bought with the car) services are a real great deal.