Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Scion FR-S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Scion

image2013 Scion FR-S Long-Term Road Test

Sizing up the rear legroom in Edmunds.com's long-term road test of the 2013 Scion FR-S.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    "I could see the Scion FR-S (and Subaru BRZ) being an ideal car for a newly-minted parent coming from a Miata or S2000, or perhaps needing to retire an aging Integra or RSX, but still looking for that thrill."

Exactly. My Miata still works with one kid in a pinch, but when the second comes around I hope to replace it with an FRS.
  • Options
    jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    And I could downsize my G35 sedan when its ready for replacement, and my boy has grown into a booster seat...nice!
  • Options
    bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    when i was a kid i had to deal with a 91 grand-am coupe until i was 10 and then my dad got a daewoo hatchback. if i got this car and put my kid in the backseat he still wouldent even know the MEANING of the word cramped. that being said the first time i saw this car in person i immediately put it on the would-not-own list because it is downright diminuative and although it is a "drivers car" it is stile S-L-O-W i would rather have a v6 mustang or something similar and it would post similer numbers around a track. i think the frs/brz is more of a 2 seater with a backseat thrown in for lower insurance prices.
  • Options
    jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    @bassracerx: I'm thinking the back seats are slightly more useful than those in the 911, so there's a benefit to outweigh the speed concerns you have!
  • Options
    DLuDLu Member Posts: 94
    "I could see the Scion FR-S (and Subaru BRZ) being an ideal car for a newly-minted parent coming from a Miata or S2000"

A first-time parent has enough stress already. Trying to fit a carseat in THAT is going to be tough at best. Young couple with a small puppy maybe ...