Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Quick Guide to Selling Your Car

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2017 in Editorial
Quick Guide to Selling Your Car

Make sure you appraise your vehicle online and check the listings of similar cars before coming up with an asking price. | March 16, 2011 | iStockphoto

Read the full story here

Other helpful articles:

10 Steps to Selling Your Car

How to Set the Right Price to Sell Your Used Car

How To Close a Used Car Sale

How to Photograph Your Car For Sale

Make a Youtube Video Ad to Sell Your Used Car

Comments

• Options
    marquejohnmarquejohn Member Posts: 1
    Selling junk cars has never been easier than it is today. In fact, if you want to sell your car, junk a car, even want to consider junk car removal, then today you can do so with minimal effort.
  • Options
    geo008geo008 Member Posts: 1
    I want to thank you and your staff for the good experience when selling the 57 ThunderBird. The car was posted on all the top classic car sites for me and presented just as I liked. You and your staff was very congenial, helpful, and professional. Thanks George McKinnon
  • Options
    hudsonguyhudsonguy Member Posts: 2
    I would like to sell my VW Jetta 2014 ...What is the best way to sell it quickly....I live in New York state...Can any body send me suggestions ...Also, this is going to be a Lease Buy out and resale, Because Lease transfer have a complicated procedures and the company states that after transfer, my name will be there as co-signor till the end of the contract.....Thanks
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited September 2015
    If you have a CarMax near you, see what they'll offer. And some dealerships may be willing to work with you.

Sounds like a few complications if you want to sell it privately since you don't have title yet. And if you need the cash from the sale to buy out the lease, well, that's a further complication that would scare off most buyers.

I trust that this isn't a diesel Jetta.
  • Options
    pilgrim1018pilgrim1018 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to sell my 1984 Mercury Marquis, Car is basic "parts Only" ??