Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Subaru Impreza Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Subaru

image2012 Subaru Impreza Long Term Road Test

We wish all service visits were this stress-free and inexpensive.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    $127.47 for oil and filter change and tire rotation??? That seems way high. This same service for my 2011 Hyundai Sonata at the Hyundai dealer is less than $50 and includes a 34-point inspection and complimentary car wash.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    The $141.79 in your Edmunds maintenance guide is for labor only. The total for parts and labor is $179.77. You put the link to the guide in your post and it took me like 2 seconds to read the bottom line. I'm glad you got a good price and all, but...you are the senior consumer advice editor - aren't you supposed to know how to read that thing?
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Are you kidding me? Like Ryster said $50-60 is what I would expect even at a stealership. And by air conditioning filter do you mean a cabin air filter? Because that's gotta be only a $10 part and, unless Subarus are really different (possible, given the flat engine) labor is a couple minutes and a beer to dull the pain from the scraped knuckles.
  • Options
    tomwi53092tomwi53092 Member Posts: 5
    Air condition filter? What's that? Was he referring to the cabin air filter? That IS specified to be changed at 15K miles, although that may be a bit earlier than is really needed. But, $123 for that? It's a $15 part and you can change it in 15 minutes with no tools needed. The service person can probably do it in 5 minutes tops.
  • Options
    These must be California prices. I'd say high even by dealer standards. That said, it is synthetic oil, and that increases the price a bit.
  • Options
    Cabin filter pt 2: I see that my Subaru dealer has a coupon special for $90 for cabin filter replacement. It's my understanding that other Subaru models may involve a lot more work to replace this filter. Sounds like the dealer in this story quoted his "standard Subaru rate." However, not true for the 2012+ Imprezas. Pretty quick to replace the cabin filter.