Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Subaru BRZ Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Subaru

image2013 Subaru BRZ Long-Term Road Test

The 2013 Subaru BRZ in our long-term test fleet has great styling and that includes the daytime running lights, but owners will seldom get to see the LEDs on this front bumper.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    daytime running lights are something to 'enjoy'? I guess I don't take enough pleasure in the small things in life. I thought it was pretty cool when I found the ones in my car turn off when the parking brake is on. --- On a side note, do fog lights do any good on cars with HID headlights?
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I feel like the real problem is when lighting becomes something for the owner to aesthetically enjoy rather than sufficiently illuminating the road without blinding other drivers. That's what leads to super-bright, mis-adjusted purple colored headlights above fog lights left on in clear weather.
  • Options
    seppoboyseppoboy Member Posts: 93
    That feature is very common, older VWs work the same way, handbrake on equals DRLs off, with conventional DRLs. The whole rationale for DRLs is to benefit other drivers, not entertain the owner.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Ah, to be 23 again...not.
  • Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    If DRLs work (and I believe there is some evidence that they do) then BRZ owners will "enjoy" them every time they arrive safely at their destination. I appreciate that this post indicated where the DRLs are located but as a complaint this is up there with, "I never get to see my airbags."
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    AWESOME post, legacygt! :D

And yes, the DRLs in my car turn off when the parking brake is engaged, a feature I happen to appreciate.

I guess the good news here is that Travis is someone who uses the parking brake; I always do, and I drive an automatic.
  • Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    If you *really* want to see your DRL's, invest in a set of chocks, or get someone else to sit in your car with the brake applied. Or find a place with no grade. You have options.
  • Options
    jmk651jmk651 Member Posts: 2
    What is this dumb article? This is how the lights work on every car I've ever owned. The DRL are engaged when you're driving without any headlights, and obviously you're not driving if the parking brake is on. I guess the author has never a car with a manual transmission! What car CAN you see the headlights while driving??
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    I tried to read the original piece but all I could hear was "WAAAHH!!!"
  • Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    What's Hot is turning into Autoblog. Running lights...if you define running as moving, not just the engine is running.
  • Options
    lostcommalostcomma Member Posts: 13
    Many cars have this Tranny in park drl's off feature. But it ceases to function after a year or two. So just wait I guess. I do like the fact that they don't use running lights for such a function. As most cars lights are halogen which dim with use it compromises safety at night worse if it's the low beam as this is the lights that get used the most and are the most important. Some vehicles this does not make a difference as the norm state of low beams are so insufficient worse only gets worserer.....ererer