Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Tesla

image2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

We?ve officially driven our long-term 2013 Tesla Model S 5,000 miles since we purchased the sedan back in January.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    The Model S seems like it would be a perfect LA commuter car. Especially because it qualifies for a White Clean Air Vehicle Sticker which permits single-occupant use of High Occupancy Vehicle (HOVs) lanes.
  • Options
    jim_in_nj_jim_in_nj_ Member Posts: 15
    "Although 5,000 miles in six months is still far behind the mileage..."

Hasn't it only been 5 months since you got your Model S? It would be six months if you had received your Model S on December 18th, 2012. Or is my math off on this?
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    First post on this car was like February 21, so I don't know where he gets 6 months. Just another Scott Oldham post.
  • Options
    flapsmcgeeflapsmcgee Member Posts: 0
    Jim is right.
  • Options
    jim_in_nj_jim_in_nj_ Member Posts: 15
    You're right guys. I just looked a the introduction post on Edmund's Model S Long Term test, and Mke Magrath wrote, "on February 19, we hopped a plane to Oakland to pick up our new car and test the Supercharger system on the way back."

That means that when Scott Oldham posted this 5,000 mile/"six month" report, Edmunds actually had possession of their Model S for LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS. (Well, one day less than four months.... ). I'm not sure how four months gets inflated to 'six months'. But at the current rate of driving it looks like Edmunds will only end up with about 15,000 miles in a year, unless Elon builds out that Supercharger network fast, and Edmunds takes some long road trips.
  • Options
    mayhemmmayhemm Member Posts: 6
    But 5,000 is such a nice, round number! They had to bring it to our attention.