Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Tesla

image2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Ever wondered what it would be like to ride through a car wash?

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Automatic car wash? Its overpriced, doesn't really even clean the car that well, and has a tendency to be hard on paint jobs. Oh well, not my car.
  • speeder31speeder31 Member Posts: 4
    Not that I'm claiming to know all the ins and outs of adjustable suspension, but how is setting it to "high" going to protect the wheels and tires? Don't they normally stay in contact with the ground?
  • 330i_zhp330i_zhp Member Posts: 55
    Nothing beats a good hand wash. Cheaper, does a better job, satisfaction from knowing you did the work, doesn't take THAT long... The only way my car sees a car wash is during the SD winters when temps are freezing and I need to get the heavy salt off. Anything above 32 degrees and I fill up the bucket with warm water to keep my paws from freezing.
  • baggs32baggs32 Member Posts: 3,229
    You have to be sitting in the driver's seat for it to move forward? So there's no neutral gear then? I pity the person who forgets that little tidbit and tries to tow one of these without a trailer to put all 4 wheels on.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    @speeder31: that was my laugh for the morning, too. I don't think Philip is what you might call a car guy. You and I know the suspension adjustment raises and lowers the car RELATIVE TO the wheels and tires. Maybe Philip thinks the whole car levitates
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    I don't really like hand washes either. There's always a risk that the guy putting a diaper or sponge on your car doesn't actually know what he's doing, and resulting damage from grit and other junk being rubbed all over your car results in swirl marks, or worst yet, actual scratches. I would prefer washing salt and crud off my car with an automatic car wash until I can do a proper job when I get home. It's got to be less of a problem in California right? I mean what do you have on your cars, dust? Fallout? In the midwest/Canada it's a lot of salt and sand!
  • zhangrenhouzhangrenhou Member Posts: 79
    baggs32 makes a good point. Make sure you obey all the street parking signs, or your car will be damaged by a tow truck driver.
  • jtamplinjtamplin Member Posts: 1
    You can actually put the car into neutral and leave the car using the center console -- see the manual.
  • mycxmycx Member Posts: 7
    Yup exactly jtamplin, Mr Reed, if you read the manual or go through the 28 minutes introduction video that Tesla provides before you take ownership you put the car in Neutral and turn if off from the screen.

SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE SOMEONE TO RIDE IN IT!!!!!