Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Toyota Highlander Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Toyota

image2014 Toyota Highlander Limited Long-Term Road Test

The 2014 Toyota Highlander was the first vehicle we purchased with Edmunds Price Promise. Here's how it went down.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Does Price Promise work for used vehicles purchased from a participating dealer?
  • Options
    banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    Great tool! I used the tool for my zip code and after putting my name and email address and phone number for the same vehicle as yours I got total savings of 1 dollar!

Since then I'm getting spam emails and phone calls from the dealer to "get advantage" of my offer!
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    I can't vouch for the Edmunds service specifically, but I have twice used a competing service that works the same way, and in both cases it was a fantastic experience. Regarding callbacks, the service I used disclosed the vehicle prices without requiring you to provide your information. You only enter your info if you intend to purchase, and of course that gives the dealers the right to contact you (even then it's not a contract...you can still turn them down if you change your mind).
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    Why didn't you guys order your Highlander the way you want it and go from there? So many complain about their cars because they refuse to buy from anywhere else but the dealer's inventory. I can understand if you are on a tight time limit or are otherwise without a vehicle, but you guys are just the opposite you have all the time in the world and a fleet of cars to fall back on.
  • Options
    rage777rage777 Member Posts: 2
    That's weird because when I bought my Highlander from AutoNation of Toyota, they said they didn't have an Edmunds.com staff member and wouldn't honor the Price Promise price. Luckily, a sales manager (Larry) overheard the call and called me back and said he would honor the price. So it really depends on who you talk to at that dealership.
  • Options
    kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    Going fixed price is definitely the way to go. We first went to a "Traditional" dealer and they gave us a price that was $2,000 of their inflated price (marked up MSRP) including a fee for "New Car Detailing". New Car Detailing? Yeah, there's NO WAY I'm paying that.

One catch was with the fixed price was that while they were no pressure, their extras were insanely expensive. They wanted $2,500 for an extended warranty to push it out to 60k. We wound up buying one online to go to 120k for only $1,500.
  • Options
    chuckie6chuckie6 Member Posts: 15
    Go with True Car. It works. Saved $1,200 on an MDX after actually visiting another dealer. Here's a tip: give them your email but an incorrect phone number, say, of your local P.O. or Best Buy -- good luck waiting for someone to pick up.