Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Toyota Prius c Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Toyota

image2012 Toyota Prius c Long-Term Road Test

If there's one vehicle that our Prius C reminds me of, it's the first generation Honda Insight. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    Probably a big reason why 'Consumer Reports' thinks you should buy a used Prius instead of a new Prius C. But with the hybrid power train it's still 200 lb heavier than the Yaris which has similar basic structure. TMV is higher than invoice, while a lot of ICE subcompacts are under.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I've never driven a manual transmission hybrid. I imagine that the car shutting down every time I depressed the clutch coming to a stop would make me think I stalled the thing. Is that how it is and you just get used to it?
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    " Personally, I would rather give up some MPGs in the name of refinement. " There in a nutshell is a major reason why cars use so much gas despite all the advances in engine and transmission technology. Refinement means more weight, either in the structure or soundproofing materials.