Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Tesla

image2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Our Tesla

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Will you be selling the charger with the car? I'm counting my pennies and I just want to know if I need to open the other jar.
  • Options
    shepskishepski Member Posts: 45
    Seems like Tesla's really dropping the ball in the customer-service-attention-to-detail department... Not sure I want to recommend a Model S to my mom after all.
  • Options
    empowahempowah Member Posts: 70
    "We're lucky enough to have a charger at the office, but what if we were a new Tesla owner and this was our first electric vehicle?"

In the two months prior to delivery, I would install a 240 volt 40 amp dryer outlet in my garage. Then when my Model S arrives, I would use the standard Mobile Connector, which arrives on Day 1, to connect the car to the outlet.

When plugged into a 240-volt outlet, the Mobile Connector charges at 31 mph. As such, no real Model S owner would use ChargePoint EVSE, except when charging in public, because it would be slower and cost more to install than just a 240V outlet.
  • Options
    mfennellmfennell Member Posts: 91
    I was confused by that too. The article implies that they didn't receive the standard connector, which allows ~30mph charge rate at 40amps.
  • Options
    zhangrenhouzhangrenhou Member Posts: 79
    I guess they still have some kinks to work out!
  • Options
    mayhemmmayhemm Member Posts: 6
    Tesla's supply lines had some pretty big wrinkles to work out in the last year. Everything from a third-party supplier (HPWC, parcel shelf, etc) was severely delayed.