Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Volkswagen Beetle Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2012 Volkswagen Beetle Long-Term Road Test

A Toffee Brown Metallic 2013 Volkswagen Beetle hits home the point that ANY car looks good in brown.

Read the full story here

Comments

• stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    That is an excellent brown color. Kinda has a nice bronze tint. I haven't seen any matte black Prii, but I'm seeing a lot with fancy rims these days. What I'm waiting for is a Prius with the anodized red tow hook sticking out of the bumper. THAT is when the whole thing has jumped the shark.
  • ed124ced124c Member Posts: 0
    @stovt001: My first laugh of the day. I like the bronzes, but it is hard to find an actual brown car, or one that looks good in brown. Probably because of the old joke, which I cannot write here-- or anywhere for that matter.
  • oxmeadoxmead Member Posts: 79
    I remember an old motor trend test talking about how they thought only a Mercedes could look good in brown , until they saw it on a '69 GTO.
  • noburgers_noburgers_ Member Posts: 79
    doesn't do it for me. and reminds me of the brown Grand Torino my dad had when I was in high school. yes, brown vinyl roof, too
  • wheelmccoy_wheelmccoy_ Member Posts: 10
    Milk Dud anyone?