Options

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

Comments

• Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    This car is the real deal. 20k, no issues, beating EPA estimates by 3 mpg. Look at that display - 130 miles on the trip odo and it's used an eighth of a tank.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Now that your time with the TDI is drawing to a close, rather than replacing it with yet another VW diesel sedan, how about a LT test of the Cruz diesel. I fully expect that it isn't as good as the VW, but I would still like to know how it compares and how it fares over a LT test.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Because of my long commute I'm actually considering getting a VW TDI for my next car. I'm nervous about VW durability since I'm used to Honda reliability but maintenance costs also concern me. After doing some research the maintenance of VW TDI's is quite a bit more than their gas powered counterparts. This would kill what I save on fuel and actually costs more in the long run. I would like to hear from actual TDI owners about the costs of owning one.
  • Options
    tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107
    @allthingshonda - I have a 2010 Jetta TDI with 116,000 miles on it currently. I picked it up about 18 months ago with 91,000 miles. In that time all I've had to do is basic maintenance and replace one pressure sensor in the exhaust which was $75. I spend
  • Options
    jpk112jpk112 Member Posts: 12
    Nothing buzzing in the dash yet, still quiet inside?