Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

This new 2013 Volkswagen Passat may have lost the umbrella but it's still a nice ride.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    motorstreetmotorstreet Member Posts: 23
    I think the new Passat's materials are actually a little better than the old one's. The difference is the old Passat's material quality was unique for its class, which is why it was so expensive. The Fusion, Accord, and Mazda 6 all have equally high quality interiors now, so the Passat's quality is no longer unique.
  • Options
    cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    I think the one big area where the new Passat is lacking is headlights. I believe, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that neither HID's nor LED's are available... even as an option.

The halogen headlights probably aren't bad but I think really good headlights are an important safety feature.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @cjasis: Nope, the Xenon (H.I.D) headlights are available as options everywhere but here in the United States. From what I have seen of the halogens, the performance is pretty good as far as control and spread go. The intensity (brightness) won't be a str
  • Options
    wdrauchwdrauch Member Posts: 22
    One thing to really appreciate about this Passat is how clean and uncluttered the IP is. I was checking various sedans with a buddy of mine at the Auto Show a few years back and he was really hating the modern trend towards overly cluttered, button- or touch screen-laden IPs. When we got into the Passat, he really loved the simplicity of the dash design.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Maybe it's just the resolution or the lighting in the picture, but that dashboard trim looks like the awfullest plood from the mid 90s.