Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds long-term update of the 2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    shindig4shindig4 Member Posts: 0
    I have a 2013 Passat and I love it, but the photo in this post points out what is probably my only complaint about the interior. The Power icon on the volume knob turns as the knob turns, so depending on where you set your volume the icon can be positioned at an angle. This drives me crazy! I literally adjust my volume using only the steering wheel controls and leave the volume knob alone with the power icon in its proper position. (First world problems, I know.)
  • Options
    dg0472dg0472 Member Posts: 89
    Must not be too hard. In the Sonic rental I had last week, the tune knob instantly responded to the lightest touch from the power cord of the nav unit I brought with me. Now putting the power port where it's convenient for both nav and other electronic devices without disturbing the radio seemed to be a harder thing to do.
  • Options
    expensivehobbyexpensivehobby Member Posts: 91
    Actually, I thought the tuning on mine felt analog, because of the slightly delayed response. To me it feels a bit like tuning an AM radio on a 60s vintage vehicle. Just that little delayed reaction, don't mind it.
  • Options
    ducky10ducky10 Member Posts: 27
    The lag you decry is meant to mimic analogue car radios, or at least that is what your reviewers concluded when they lauded the feature when long term testing the mk 6 GTI. The manual tuning on my GTI does remind me of the radio on my first car, a 62 Buick.