Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

The 2014 Volkswagen Passat's interior measurements are right on par with the popular Toyota Camry.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    expensivehobbyexpensivehobby Member Posts: 91
    As usual, numbers don't tell the full story. I would say from memory that the two are pretty close in terms of front shoulder room and front seat headroom with a sunroof probably goes to the Camry. Beyond that, it doesn't feel close. All the spare-slab-sided door trim that people sometimes call plain next to the Camry's curves and trim on the door provides a more spacious feel and for me anyway, a bit more elbow room. The backseat in terms of legroom isn't even a contest, the Passat winning going away. Frankly, I don't think most people need more room than a Camry, my kids at about six feet tall can fit in back. But the Passat has that extra real and visual sense of roominess back there that makes it seem far more accommodating.
  • Options
    wizard8873wizard8873 Member Posts: 20
    Edmunds should look at accurately measuring legroom. I find the way that manufacturers measure it is not consistent between the types. With front and rear legroom, it seems that this is the maximum for both areas. I would rather see legroom with front seat all the way back and the remaining legroom and also where you can fit a 6' person in back and the legroom plus how much is left in the front.
  • Options
    emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    Are you ever going to post anything about how this car drives? I mean, anything at all? You've had it for two months, and there hasn't been a single post about the engine, even though you made a big deal about how important it was in the test introduction. I thought this post would compare driving impressions against the Camry SE Insideline was so fond of. Nope! A list of interior dimension stats. What on earth has happened to this website? You have talented writers now producing drier content than Consumer Reports.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Absolutely spot-on criticism, emajor. The have posts about things that are common to their TSI AND their TDI Passats, rather than things that are unique to the TSI. WTF?
  • Options
    emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    Fordson, no kidding. And why are we now seeing all the generic no-author-named Yahoo Autos -style car reviews showing up on "What's Hot" now? This website has been in a gradual death spiral ever since Insideline was purged, regardless of the empty promises made to the readership at switch-over. That spiral has been accelerating greatly this winter. I'm guessing it's pressure from management at the top. They want to be a dry car research utility tool rather than an enthusiast outlet, and are intentionally whittling away everything that used to be here. I feel bad for the writers, there's some real talent here but it's going NOWHERE.
  • Options
    redlinezredlinez Member Posts: 12
    Compare it to the Sonata. Seems like another good competitor.