Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Feds Upgrade Probe Into 2008 Honda Accord for Inadvertent Side Airbag Deployment | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Honda
imageFeds Upgrade Probe Into 2008 Honda Accord for Inadvertent Side Airbag Deployment | Edmunds.com

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is upgrading an investigation into 335,195 2008 Honda Accord sedans after 293 incidents of alleged inadvertent deployment of the side airbags.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jpalmorejpalmore Member Posts: 1
    On 10/7/14 I had a "moderate" front end collision with my 2008 Accord. Moderate to the point I just learned the car is a total loss. Everything is busted to include the radiator, transmission, frame and engine block. The collision center said it would have to be rebuilt from the cabin to bumper. My airbags, however, did not deploy. I was treated for neck, back and shoulder strain, contusion of chest and head. Should they have deployed??
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "Depends" - the airbag sensors only trigger under certain conditions. Good FAQ at safercar.gov.

With all the crumple zones built into cars these days, it doesn't take much to total a car. It's up to you to decide if you want to talk to an attorney if you think the airbags should have deployed.

Meanwhile, hope you are feeling better!