Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Honda HR-V To Arrive in Showrooms This Winter: 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Honda
image2015 Honda HR-V To Arrive in Showrooms This Winter: 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show | Edmunds.com

The 2015 Honda HR-V, an all-new model built on the subcompact Honda Fit platform, will make its North American debut at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show.

Read the full story here

Comments

• vrooomf1vrooomf1 Member Posts: 28
    I'm a Honda aficionado but I just went Subaru (2015 WRX) since Honda has nothing in its lineup and the HR-V illustrate my frustration with Honda, they became followers stepping in late in the game...
  • cwarwickcwarwick Member Posts: 1
    I am from the UK and owned the original HRV in 1998. They weren't followers, they were first.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I'm really looking forward to seeing and driving the new HR-V when it goes on sale in the USA. Next year the lease will be up on my wife's Sonata, and I'd like to get her a small SUV next as it's getting difficult for her to climb into and out of a low vehicle. If we like the HR-V, we'll probably go with that, but other options are the CR-V (could go with a previous-generation vehicle) or a Forester.
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    Car shoppers who think the Honda CR-V is just a bit too fast should appreciate the 1.5 liter atmospheric engine and its meager 130 HP.
    LOL! I owned a 1991 Caravan that had only 100 hp, and it was a much heavier vehicle than the HR-V. The Caravan had a high-tech 3-speed automatic tranny also! :p It wasn't very quick, especially when loaded up, but it was fast enough for me to get my first speeding ticket (70 in a 55 zone, classic speed trap) when on a trip to Texas. I had it for nearly 7 years.

So I think 130 hp with the CVT will be just fine for my wife schlupping around town. If I want her to be able to peel away from stoplights, I can get her something like a Mustang... NOT. :)

I see that Mazda will be introducing the new CX-3 on the same day as the HR-V intro, so it will be interesting to see how these two small SUVs compare. I expect the CX-3 will have more power and "fun-to-drive" quotient than the HR-V. But those won't be as important to my wife as a smooth ride, comfortable seating, fuel economy, and cargo carrying ability.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Mine was an '89 Voyager with 100 hp. Got 10 years out of mine including road trips over various mountain ranges loaded down.

I'm interested to see how consumers react to the HR-V vs, say, a Kia Soul. It could be plenty fun enough to drive with "just" 130 horses.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    edited November 2014
    I think the new HR-V's will sell well but I have to wonder how many of these buyers would have gone with a Fit or a CRV.

I have to assume they will be available with 4WD.
  • sparkndutch_sparkndutch_ Member Posts: 5
    So will this be kind of the size of the Honda Element that was discontinued few years ago?

I hope the engine will be decent enough to make this small suv fun to drive.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,139
    I remember the British magazine "Car" said the acronym stands for "hormone replacement vehicle" or something similar...they know the demographic.
    Looks like the HR-V will get a 1.8L with 138 hp, not 130 as in the Fit. The new site is pretty cool, shows off the cargo flexibility:

http://automobiles.honda.com/hr-v/#intro
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I predict a runaway winner at the expense of a few CRV and Fit sales.

It looks like an exact cross between the CRV and the Fits!