Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Fuel Economy Update for August - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ram
imageFuel Economy Update for August - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Here's a look at our long-term 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel's mileage during the month of August, 2014.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863

DEF fluid usage please. Since its a consumable item (and isn't exactly super-cheap), it needs to be accounted for when people are looking at these MPG numbers.

• Options
    cdb2017cdb2017 Member Posts: 11

In general DEF is super cheap and readily available. That being said it would still be a good statistic to have.

• Options
    grijongrijon Member Posts: 147

I, three, would really appreciate the DEF usage reported!

• Options
    tlangnesstlangness Member Posts: 123

Thanks for the feedback folks - We'll be sure to update the Ram when DEF fluid is used, and report the full amount used during our year-long test. As for the month of August, DEF was added at the dealer during the Ram's first service, but none since then.

• Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509

Astonishing that the worst fill MPG is 17.4

• Options
    biggblokkbiggblokk Member Posts: 1
    Astonishing that the diesel is getting the same combined MPG as my 2014 quad cab hemi that is always loaded with people and gear and towing a 21 ft bass boat at 74 mph. 22.6 according to the truck computer. Am I lucky with my MPG or are you guys driving at higher speeds? Faster acceleration? I was really hoping for a diesel and thinking it would save me quite a bit while towing 6-8,000 miles a year. I currently have 11000 miles between northern IL and central WI
  • Options
    myecodiesel14myecodiesel14 Member Posts: 2
    Leave your lead foot at home and the Ecodiesel gives you or at least mine gives me 30/31 MPG on Hwy., and 25 City. DEF Dealer filled it up at delivery and it lasted me about 5000 miles. Easy available at Walmart or Sam;s for about $ 5.00 a gallon.
  • Options
    flalum06flalum06 Member Posts: 1
    I have never had more trouble in my life then with this new ECO Diesel! Pulled out of the lot with 16 miles on it check engine light came on. Took it in 3 times before it was fixed. Then I finally got to drive it and the drivers side window leaked and I could not put fuel into the truck without getting a bath or having fuel run all down the side of the truck or vapor locking. Has been in and out of the shop for well over a month (this will be the 3rd time) and they are telling me they do not know what is wrong with it. LEMON! Will never buy another dodge again. Called Dodge numerous times and they are SLOW... I spent 41,000 on a truck that now has 2100 miles and I can not even drive it. Would not recommend to anyone!