Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Abnormal Seat Height - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Porsche
imageAbnormal Seat Height - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 Porsche Macan has a step-in and seat height that's atypical for a crossover SUV.

Read the full story here

Comments

• tsdriver27tsdriver27 Member Posts: 24
    Sounds good for people with a long torso...
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Maybe also reminiscent of cars like the old 4Runner where you were up high but your feet were still out in front of you when you sat down.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Can you adjust the seat height? To me, that's the best feature of the adjustable seats. Higher for shorter people and lower for taller people.
  • chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    I'd hope that you'd have some sort of easy entry/exit option on a car that expensive, especially since a lot of VW group cars have such a feature. Oddly enough, my mom's 2013 Tiguan SEL (full power seats w/ memory) doesn't have the option, but it can be enabled through some software coding. Even my friend's 2004 CLK 500 has a convenient feature that tilts the power adjustable steering wheel up and out of the way when you remove the key, although I'm not sure if it adjusts the seat at all.
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    Interesting that Subaru figured out how to let customers easily slide into a '14 Forester CUV . Then again, the Forester's a typical CUV (including XT variant) and not a sports car SUV.
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    Was nice to discover the Macan, unlike its Q5 relative, having quite a bit of driver legroom. But was also surprised when comparing the Macan to the Audi Q3 that interior and cargo room of the two seemed very similar.
  • jchen368jchen368 Member Posts: 10
    I love the Macan seating. It is really nice balance between a high SUV and normal car. It's not too high that you have "climb" into it as many SUVs are, yet high enough so you enjoy the higher ride.

While driving, you don't feel like you're driving an 18-wheeler (like some SUVs), but more that you are in a normal car heading downhill and you can actually see what's happening a few cars ahead.