Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Road Trip Hero - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Porsche
imageRoad Trip Hero - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

I fired up our long-term 2015 Porsche Macan S and hit the road.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    My only complaint with the otherwise gorgeous design of the Macan (at least on how your long-term model is equipped) is the black plastic cladding on the sides and rear of the car. It might help prevent damage and stone chips, etc. in the long run, but it just looks a little gaudy, especially in the rear where the license plate is. Knowing Porsche, though, you can probably spec that the cladding be painted/removed, along with the other countless options you can order on their cars.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    I'm surprised as to how much better then Macan looks than the more expensive Cayenne.
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    buy it in black. problem solved!
    chol92594 said:

My only complaint with the otherwise gorgeous design of the Macan (at least on how your long-term model is equipped) is the black plastic cladding on the sides and rear of the car.

• Options
    juddholl10juddholl10 Member Posts: 84
    chol92594 said:

My only complaint with the otherwise gorgeous design of the Macan (at least on how your long-term model is equipped) is the black plastic cladding on the sides and rear of the car. It might help prevent damage and stone chips, etc. in the long run, but it just looks a little gaudy, especially in the rear where the license plate is. Knowing Porsche, though, you can probably spec that the cladding be painted/removed, along with the other countless options you can order on their cars.

Stainless steel skid plates help. And you're right, there are options to paint the side blades, rear fascia, and side skirts.