Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently tried to purchase a new vehicle after being out of the market for a while and found that prices were much higher than you expected? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 1/22 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Strange Color Combo - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,110
edited November 2014 in Audi
imageStrange Color Combo - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S Tronic has an interesting combination of interior colors.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ek900ek900 Posts: 39
    It's not real good. You can mix black and brown, but Audi isn't doing it all that well here. The faux titanium trim creates a bit more clash to the whole look too. I in general like any interior color that isn't black though, so if I were going for an A3 and this were my only alternative to black, I might go for it.
  • At least it's not the coal bin black interior German car makers or "sports" cars usually offer. The titanium trim's rather gaudy, though.
  • To me its not the interior color mix but the exterior color which is wrong. I like red, but not with that interior, I like that interior, but not with red. Put that interior with a white or a sand color exterior, maybe some others, and I think it would look much better. Put that exterior color with a different interior color, more like a light tan, and it would be much better. As is, something just looks off.
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin NE IllinoisPosts: 509
    Looks a little like a hodgepodge.
  • legacygtlegacygt Posts: 599
    This is an unfortunate combination.
  • I really like the brown interior, but it clashes horribly with the red exterior. If the car was a gunmetal grey or something it could be quite striking.
  • I'm shocked Audi would even build that combination.
  • I would have been more surprised but last week I saw a pic of a BMW 335d for sale at a local dealership, same color combo. That one may in fact have looked even worse.
  • I don't really mind that much, though that combination certainly wouldn't be my first choice. Interior looks good, but I'd have to with a grey exterior, maybe white, or silver, possibly black, but not red.
  • bc1960bc1960 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 171
    I agree that the exterior color is most of the problem. The interior would probably look better with the no-extra-cost optional black headliner--the light headliner is a good idea with an otherwise black interior, but not with the brown seats. It's strange that the optional wood inlays available on the Q3 for a few hundred bucks aren't an option on the A3, but with the headliner changed, I like the black, chestnut, and "aluminum mistral" combo with, e. g., Scuba Blue.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 14,044
    Now you know why Audi 'lent' it to you.
    2019 Lincoln MKZ Reserve 1, 2017 Ford F-150 Limited
  • whobodymwhobodym Posts: 190
    Scuba Blue looks great with Chestnut Brown inside -- I bought one
  • Yeah, hideous with the red exterior. (Indeed, that's what I thought the title was referring to - not to the "brown" with black.)
  • vvkvvk Posts: 193
    I love this interior color. I don't see anything wrong with this combination.

The interior color I don't like is grey.
  • It's like your old X3. It'll grow on y'all methinks.