Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Strange Color Combo - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2014 in Audi
imageStrange Color Combo - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S Tronic has an interesting combination of interior colors.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ek900ek900 Member Posts: 39
    It's not real good. You can mix black and brown, but Audi isn't doing it all that well here. The faux titanium trim creates a bit more clash to the whole look too. I in general like any interior color that isn't black though, so if I were going for an A3 and this were my only alternative to black, I might go for it.
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    At least it's not the coal bin black interior German car makers or "sports" cars usually offer. The titanium trim's rather gaudy, though.
  • expensivehobbyexpensivehobby Member Posts: 91
    To me its not the interior color mix but the exterior color which is wrong. I like red, but not with that interior, I like that interior, but not with red. Put that interior with a white or a sand color exterior, maybe some others, and I think it would look much better. Put that exterior color with a different interior color, more like a light tan, and it would be much better. As is, something just looks off.
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Looks a little like a hodgepodge.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    This is an unfortunate combination.
  • mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    I really like the brown interior, but it clashes horribly with the red exterior. If the car was a gunmetal grey or something it could be quite striking.
  • stangmatt66stangmatt66 Member Posts: 16
    I'm shocked Audi would even build that combination.
  • expensivehobbyexpensivehobby Member Posts: 91
    I would have been more surprised but last week I saw a pic of a BMW 335d for sale at a local dealership, same color combo. That one may in fact have looked even worse.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    I don't really mind that much, though that combination certainly wouldn't be my first choice. Interior looks good, but I'd have to with a grey exterior, maybe white, or silver, possibly black, but not red.
  • bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    I agree that the exterior color is most of the problem. The interior would probably look better with the no-extra-cost optional black headliner--the light headliner is a good idea with an otherwise black interior, but not with the brown seats. It's strange that the optional wood inlays available on the Q3 for a few hundred bucks aren't an option on the A3, but with the headliner changed, I like the black, chestnut, and "aluminum mistral" combo with, e. g., Scuba Blue.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,304
    Now you know why Audi 'lent' it to you.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • whobodymwhobodym Member Posts: 190
    Scuba Blue looks great with Chestnut Brown inside -- I bought one
  • shepskishepski Member Posts: 45
    Yeah, hideous with the red exterior. (Indeed, that's what I thought the title was referring to - not to the "brown" with black.)
  • vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    I love this interior color. I don't see anything wrong with this combination.

The interior color I don't like is grey.
  • jorocojajajorocojaja Member Posts: 8
    It's like your old X3. It'll grow on y'all methinks.