Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

20,000 Miles in 7.5 Months - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Ram
image20,000 Miles in 7.5 Months - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel has proven to be so popular among the staff that it crossed the 20,000-mile threshold in less than eight months.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    That's great. I'd love it if you guys could push higher mileage on the vehicles to get a better idea of how they'd hold up in the 30k-40k mileage range. It seems like problems start cropping up them and it might be a good representation of how the vehicle will do long term.
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Okay, so what's the problem with having a rotary knob for shifting gears?
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    edited December 2014
    rsholland said:

Okay, so what's the problem with having a rotary knob for shifting gears?

I wonder that too.

The column mounted shifter on the 1991 S-10 Blazer I picked up as a winter beater has reminded me how nice it is to not have the shifter needlessly cluttering up the center console.

When I was 15 in 1980, 'manually' shifting the TH350 in my school's 1980 Camaro Berlinetta driver's ed car during low speed parking lot training was cool and "sporty". 34 years later, with the existence of paddle shifters and the lack of actual physical connections between the shifter and the trans on almost all modern auto boxes, it is well past time to retire the tall space eating console lever.
  • Options
    actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    Nothing wrong with it at all. Especially when you spend some time in the vehicle. I'm generally a fan. But it does catch me out once in awhile after I switch into the Ram from my other car. More than anything, I wish the steering wheel had the manual shift paddles like the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The teensy manual buttons on the right-hand spoke are hard to find in a pinch and feel and look like the adjacent cruise control buttons at a glance.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• Options
    ems561ems561 Member Posts: 2
    During your travel and drive have you noticed with the odometer that the tenth of a mile wasn't at .0 when the mile changed. I have the 1500 eco diesel for about 8 months now, and recently noticed that the mile doesn't change on zero somewhere around .4.