Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Fuel Economy Update for November - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Chevrolet
imageFuel Economy Update for November - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

This update to Edmunds long-term update to the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado includes the truck's first fuel economy installment for November 2014.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    handbrakehandbrake Member Posts: 99
    So compared to a full size truck you get less room, less cargo space, less power, less range, and all for...what? The MPG figures are about what I get with my V8 F150.
  • Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Let's not line up and start comparing MPG to full size choices with only 1,000 miles on the clock. Break-in takes more than 1,000 clicks.
    Truth is, 8 out of very 10 customers don't need a truck, period.
    They want a truck.
    If you don't want full-size you have a couple choices.
    Not a bad thing.
  • Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Out of every.
    My bad.
  • Options
    brenrobrenro Member Posts: 38
    GMC's current TV ads are knocking ten grand off the full size Sierra. Why on earth would you buy this unless you're short of garage space?
  • Options
    mr_botsmr_bots Member Posts: 236
    Mileage isn't that great, but it's still early. Should jump up once it gets broken in and has some more road trips under it's belt. For comparison Edmunds averaged 17mpg over the life of the long-term 14 Silverado and 14mpg with the 09 Ram 1500.
  • Options
    bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    it seems like the new long term drivers have more of a lead foot these days even the fuel sipper cars are getting terrible mpgs. also this is a four wheel drive model and i think 17mpg average is actually not bad for a 4x4. also it has stonk v6 for it's weight class...

it's a shame that Edmunds never does long term tests with v6 full size trucks besides the ram diesel
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    Not unexpected when you have an almost full size truck with the choice of 2 Malibu engines.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    g35bufg35buf Member Posts: 89
    I know it is early in the break-in and having a 2010 Ridgeline, I'm use to the slams about how my midsize truck gets full sized mileage (I get about 17 mpg in mostly suburban driving). The reality is that GM beat Hyundai/Kia to the 'overestimating EPA numbers' game. Still way to much variance allowed in the procedures and GM ALLOWS errs on the HIGH side,

I will say that I have found the VW group to be the most accurate - those crazy Germans...My wife's 2011 Tiguan - 19 city/25 hwy/22 combined - is dead on 22 mpg for it's 50k plus mile life...Same with my son's 2011 GTI on reality vs actual I'll take that anyday because 'I CAN handle the TRUTH'